Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Verdict Is In...

So, the A/C people decided to show up today. They do think that a rat was living in our A/C unit. However, they don't think it has been in there recently. They went outside to look and told me that there are no holes for the rat to get in...that everything has been sealed off. So, they think it was in there and chewed up the styrofoam before the sealing. What is coming out of the A/C is just the remnants of the rat chewing the styrofoam before the sealing.

So, do I believe their verdict? NO! Their theory doesn't explain why the styrofoam only came falling out at night (when the A/C was turned off). It doesn't explain why the styrofoam only comes out every now and then. However, instead of arguing with them, it's just much easier to agree with what they say. They cleaned out all of the lose styrofoam that was still in the A/C unit. The guy also took a photo of the chewed up styrofoam. So, now if any more falls out, we will know for sure that something has been back in there.

If their theory is correct, then this means that the apple eater came in the house some other way. I don't see where this could have occurred since our house is actually pretty secure. I guess it's possible, but I tend to like to believe my A/C theory more. I don't believe that the critter has been in the house recently. I still think it comes in through this A/C unit every now and then. Also, I don't think it is a rat, but just a mouse. I think a rat would have gone through our trash. So, we shall wait and see what happens. Heck, I may even put some apples back out in the bowl!

No comments: