Saturday, November 10, 2007

O' Christmas Tree, O' Christmas Tree



Yep, that's right. We put up our Christmas tree and decorations today. It was now or never. We have less than a month in India before heading to Illinois for most of December. Next weekend, we will be packing for our trip to Germany over Thanksgiving. The following weekend, we will be in Germany. The weekend after that, we will be packing for the trip to IL. Then we are in Illinois. So, we either put the tree up this weekend, or it wouldn't go up at all.

This was the first year that we have ever had a 360 degree tree. Normally we have to shove it in a corner somewhere. Not in this house. It went right in center square. We were able to put lights and ornaments all the way around it. Of course, no electrical plugs in center square, so we had to run a 15 foot drop cord across the floor. But hey, we can live with that.

Was it weird putting up our Christmas stuff on November10...before Veteran's Day and before Thanksgiving? A little bit. It felt even weirder putting the stuff up when the outside temperature was 85 degrees here today (in the shade). We were wearing shorts and T-shirts. Now, I realize that parts of the U.S. (and other place that celebrate Christmas) are warm in December...but not where I'm from. Illinois is cold at Christmas! Last year, being my first out of Illinois for Christmas, Beijing was just as cold. Not Chennai, India, though! It's still hot here!

Just a few more days until I can freeze my behind off in Germany. The current daily highs in Frankfurt...mid to high 30s. The current daily highs in Chennai...mid to high 80s. I think I need to be finding where I stuck all of my sweaters and sweatshirts. Brrr....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your Meez, but I know it's not really you as I know for a fact you always wear shoes - and closed-toe shoes at that:)

Anonymous said...

Okay Julie, I have to say I put 2 of our 3 Christmas trees up and all our decorations on Saturday also! Better early then late..
Talk to you soon
Teresa