Sunday, November 18, 2007

Happy Birthday Bud!

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Bud,
Happy Birthday to you!

So, I was going to call and wish my brother a happy birthday when it was 12:01 am in the U.S. on his birthday, but then I figured I didn't want to make him mad at me since Christmas is coming up pretty quickly. Instead, he just gets a public birthday greeting!

It has been a pretty low key weekend here. I dug out our winter clothes yesterday in preparation for our trip to Germany this week. I am so excited that I'm going to be able to wear something other than summer clothes. Right now, I'm hating all of my shorts, capris, T-shirts, and short sleeved shirts. Of course, it was bound to happen when I have been wearing them all for 6 months. Clothes shopping here in Chennai really isn't great if you are looking for good quality, reasonably priced, Western style clothing...so I've been wearing the same things over and over and over again for months now. I'm ready for some jeans and sweaters weather!

So, besides taking this opportunity to wish my brother a happy birthday, I'll also say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! As I finish up some last minute packing and shopping this week, I'm not sure if I'll get around to writing any more posts. Therefore, if traveling this week, please be careful. My mom was concerned that we are flying on the busiest week/weekend of holiday travel...then I reminded her that Thanksgiving is only an American holiday and that traveling from India to Germany should be like traveling between these two countries on any other day. Also, eat until your hearts content (or your pants won't fit) on turkey, potatoes, dressing, green bean casserole, cranberries, pumpkin pie, and whatever else you can stuff in. I know S and I are looking forward to eating good in Germany (and probably drinking good as well). We'll be thinking about all of our family and friends back in the U.S. (and all over the world for that matter)...just a few more days until we'll see a lot of you in Illinois!

No comments: