Monday, November 5, 2007

Mail Update

We have received mail! Yippee!

We received a card from S's mother and a card from S's aunt today. I didn't know either of these were coming. The letters that I know are coming still haven't arrived. The thing is is that these two letters are postmarked October 27 in the U.S. This means, it only took them 10 days to reach us. Not to bad. I think the only way we received them so quickly is that I had sent my driver to the post office to mail some letters for me, and he knows that I have been waiting on mail. So, he intercepted these before the "15- 20" day period that it would have taken to deliver them directly to our house. I think the other letters that I know should be coming must have already left the local post office, and thus who knows where they are and if and when they will ever show up at our house???

Gosh, and people complain about the U.S. postal system. It works pretty efficiently compared to the "system" used here.

So, Beth & Carrie...still waiting on the postcards. Patiently waiting. Very patient. Remaining calm. They will show up. Breath deeply. Breath slowly. Be patient...OK, enough of that. If they don't show up soon, I may go postal!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Huh? There's a mail "system" here? Nuh-uh!