Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Bowl Monday

Yes, we do get to see the Super Bowl here in India. One of our sports channels is carrying it. Of course, with the time change, the game started around 5 am today (Monday). So, no Super Bowl parties here. I actually did turn the TV on right before the kickoff. However, I slept pretty much throughout the first half. I did wake up in time to see the halftime show, and now I am watching the second half while eating my Super Bowl snack...a bowl of cereal.

The weird/strange thing with the Super Bowl here is that it is majorly tape delayed. How do I know this? There are pretty much NO commercials whatsoever. I didn't expect to see the cool U.S. commercials, but I thought at least there would be some Indian commercials on. Nope! None of that. The only commercials they have shown are a couple that are advertising the other shows on this TV channel. Total, the commercials are only about 30 seconds long. Also, every time there is a commercial break in the U.S., doesn't necessarily mean that there is even this short commercial break here. So, this game is really going by quickly. Really though, how exciting is the Super Bowl without the commercials???

So, who am I rooting for? Well, like S would say, I'm just rooting for a good game. However, if I don't say, GO PATS, our family in Boston may disown us!

No comments: