Sunday, February 24, 2008

Do You Believe Everything You Read on the Internet?

There's this vicious rumor going around on the internet that I'm headed back to the U.S. this week. Now, who would have started such a rumor???

OK, OK...so it was me. I started the rumor about myself. And yes, the rumor is true. I'm headed to the U.S. this week. Don't worry, nothing is wrong. This is strictly a pleasure trip for me. It will involve a lot of rest, eating, shopping, and basically whatever else I want to do.

S got home last night from his latest business trip. Well, guess what? He is headed back out this week for another one, and then he will be home for maybe a day before going on another one that will involve numerous different countries and him being gone something like 8 days. In total, he basically won't be here for about 15 days. Since our trip to Thailand and Singapore had to be cancelled, he knew that I was a little bummed about having to be home alone so much while he is busy traveling right now. Therefore, he gave me the option to go back to the U.S. if I wanted.

This all came about Friday evening. I had absolutely no thoughts prior to that of even thinking about a trip to the U.S. any time soon. However, I found a great price on air tickets if I could leave Monday night. Not a lot of notice, but hey sometimes the best trips are the ones not planned in advance.

So, I will be headed to Florida for a week to visit my parents who are wintering there. Then I will be in Illinois for a week to visit my in-laws, my grandparents, my brother, other family, and friends. I will then fly back to Chennai and still have about a week and a half to get ready for my aunt and cousin's visit.

One thing that I have to get done while I am in the U.S. is get my computer fixed. The screen on it started to go out this week. After spending two hours with tech support, it was determined that I need a new screen. Luckily, my computer is still under warranty until June 2, so they will replace the screen for free. The only catch...I have to be in the U.S. in order for them to send a technician to switch the screen for me. So, now it should work out that I can have this done while I am in Florida.

So, that's pretty much the story on why I'm headed to the U.S. so quickly. I hope to get to see everyone when I'm there, but honestly, I doubt that this happens. I'll be in and out so quickly when I'm in Illinois and with such short notice, it just won't be possible to see everyone. However, if you would like to see me, feel free to e-mail me, and I'll see what I can do about arranging a time to meet up with you. Since S won't be with me, I won't have to work around his schedule, which should leave me to pretty much plan things how I want.

Anyway, I guess I should go as I leave my house in about 25 hours, and I haven't even started to pack yet...pretty unusual for me as I'm normally packed to go somewhere days in advance. I hope I don't forget something...oh well, I guess if I do, at least I'll have Walmart, Target, Kohl's, and everywhere else to shop at. Maybe, I'll have to intentionally forget to pack some items!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay what date do you have us penciled in for?
teresa