Thursday, February 21, 2008

Got Ketchup?

I do. No thanks to my darling brother that is. He sent me a 7 lb 2 oz jug of ketchup in my food shipment.



He told me that he wanted to make sure that I didn't run out. Yeah, I don't think that is going to happen for a day or two!

The funny thing is that I almost went and bought ketchup this week. We are getting critically low, and I couldn't remember if I had ketchup coming in my food shipment or not. I pulled out my list and saw it was on there, so I held off on buying some here. When I was going through my food boxes, I came across a little bottle that my brother had bought for me. I remember thinking that this wasn't going to last too long, and that I should have bought a bottle here. I opened a couple of other boxes and found this monster. I think my brother got me pretty good! Just wait...he has one coming!

For those of you who don't know me, I eat ketchup on pretty much everything...and only Heinz ketchup. That other imitation stuff I can choke down if I have to, but Heinz is by far the superior ketchup in my book. This bottle should definitely last us awhile. Luckily the expiration date isn't until 2009, so I shouldn't have to worry about it going bad. Nothing worse than old nasty tasting ketchup.

Besides that, nothing terribly exciting in our food shipment this time...no ants, no dog food mixed in with cereal, no moldy cans of tomato soup. My rolls of paper towels are no longer in the shape of a roll.



I'm pretty sure whoever packs the food shipment into the boxes has no brain. They put things that can easily be crushed...i.e. paper towels, kleenex, chips, etc...into the same box with really heavy items...i.e. bottles of liquid laundry detergent, cases of pop, canned goods, etc.



I really appreciate the fact that my tissues are already crumpled up for me prior to usage. It saves me the hassle of doing it myself. I'm just waiting for one of these times the liquid laundry soap to leak all over the paper products. I guess if that happens the paper is there to absorb the mess. Really, would it be too much to ask to pack similar items together? Oh wait, these are probably the same people who worked as baggers at the grocery store and were trained to put bread and eggs on the bottom of the grocery bags.

Anyway, time to sign off...I have to go look up some recipes that use ketchup...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Is that sucker 'refrigerate after opening?" Got room in your fridge? haha

I was very surprised at what good shape the boxes were in when they arrived this time. My stuff must have been sitting on top of yours ;) Seriously though, it doesn't look like any of the boxes were opened and I don't think anything was stolen this time!

Anonymous said...

lucky he did not send you that itsy bitsy bottle from 1994thats in moms fridge! dad

Anonymous said...

You've jinked yourself. The next food shipment will have leaky laundry soap now.

Carrie

Anonymous said...

Are you saving the little individual ketchup packets and trying to re-fill them?? Guess that would be a China question wouldn't it. Bev