Monday, January 14, 2008

We Have Bananas!



When we moved into our house, I told S there were banana trees behind our house. He told me that I was nuts, and that I didn't know anything about tropical plants. Of course, he also tried to tell me that the tree in our neighbor's yard was a mango tree when it is in fact a coconut tree...S didn't know that coconuts can also be orange in color. Well we got back from our trip to Illinois to find bananas growing on our "non" banana trees. Since S is addicted to bananas almost as much as he is addicted to diet Pepsi, how cool is it to be growing our own bananas?

Now, if I could only figure out a way to make our own diet Pepsi...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool is that? I'm curious if fresh from the tree bananas will taste alot different than the ones that are picked green and shipped to the US. Will look forward to your review soon:)

Go Pats!