Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Christmas at My Grandparents' House

Christmas at my grandparents' house every year is very informal. We snack on appetizers all day long and then order pizza for dinner. After eating for awhile, we have a grab gift exchange, and then we go back to eating. In between eating and opening gifts, I did get a chance to catch up with my grandma, grandpa, aunts, uncles, and cousins and to see how big my cousins' kids had grown in 6 months.



Talk about torture...for both the kids and the adults. Getting the kids to sit still and not having anyone crying to get a Christmas photo is nearly impossible. All the kids (and some of the bigger kids) want to do is open the gifts. However, we started the tradition of the Christmas photo a number of years ago, and it is now fun to look at the old photos to see how much the kids have grown over the years. So, now the older kids know that this is not optional, and they must sit still for at least a couple of minutes. The kids range in age from the oldest being 12 1/2 to the two youngest being 1 1/2...let's just say that it isn't quiet at all at my grandparents' house on Christmas.



Here's a photo of my grandparents. (Special note to Grandma & Grandpa: I bet you never thought you would be seeing a photo of yourself on the internet for the whole world to see!) In typical fashion, Grandma has to hold Grandpa's drink while he and Jaidin open a gift and my aunt watches.



This is a photo of my cousins' girls, Katie and Piper, dressed in the Indian outfits that I brought them. They are both 1 1/2 years old with Piper being older by about 2 weeks. (Special note to Becky: How does Katie like seeing the photo of herself?) Aren't they cute?

Christmas at my grandparents' house was fun as always. Looking forward to next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are cute if I do say so myself. They must take after me. Katie recognize herself and just kept say Katie.
Becky