Monday, September 10, 2007

Busy, busy.

I haven't forgot about doing a blog post on the mowing of our yard. I'm just waiting for them to finish so I can give the whole story.

In the meantime, it has been a busy few days for our household. Our house guest arrived at midnight Wednesday night. Since my husband had to get up at 3am, I stayed up to meet the guy. Then on Thursday, I went to a cooking class...I'm not sure it helped me at all, but I will try a couple of the recipes. Thursday night, I had to cook for our guest...ugh, since I'm not a cook to start with and not having our food shipment yet, this pretty much stressed me out.

Then on Friday, my husband had to fly out of town for the day and his flight back wasn't until late...which meant that I had to cook again for our guest, and he had to talk to me for the entire night. Luckily, a friend of mine let me raid her pantry...and our guest seems to have liked everything that I have made since he has been here. The last time this guy was in India, he got so sick that he had to be in the hospital for a couple of days. I think he is just happy to not have to stay in a hotel. As he does a lot of travel with his job, it's a nice change for him to stay with us...plus he has given us an open invitation to stay with him and his wife...chances are he will be moving from Illinois and the U.S. within the next year or so to another foreign country (the U.S. is actually a foreign country to him but he has been there for a few years now)...so yet another person for us to go visit. It has been fun having him around.

Saturday, our guest went to the office...but since S (husband has decided he doesn't like having his name used on my blog, so he will be referred to as S from now on) didn't get in until almost midnight, he decided not to go to work. We ended up running a couple of errands, and then picked our guest up and went with him and another co-worker out for dinner Saturday night.

Sunday, our guest tired from work and having jet lag...plus our driver who has been very busy with 3 adults to drive around...decided it would be a good day to rest. Our driver didn't come in. The three of us walked down to the beach and just had a relaxing day around the house. I had to cook again, but oh well, I haven't made the guy sick yet, so maybe I'm not as bad a cook as I thought.

Today, our guest and S are working, but tonight, our guest has invited us to go out to dinner. Fine by me...it means I don't have to cook! Tomorrow our guest is leaving.

Today I have been working on balancing our bank account...since I haven't done this for two months, it took me a couple of hours, but I think I finally got everything figured out. Also, I've been working on submitting our expenses from our move and from living in the hotel and apartment. 50 days of hotel and apartment living can really add up! It'll be a nice chunk of change to have back.

The rest of the week will also be busy. I have a couple of meetings to go to. S and I have a dinner meeting one night. Our food shipment is suppose to be arriving. Plus, I have to get ready for our upcoming trip in a few days.

So, anyway, continue to stay tuned for the yard mowing post...that is if they ever get done mowing the yard!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT ARE THEY USING - A MANICURE SCISSORS?