Saturday, December 1, 2007

Germany Trip, Part 3

Just a couple of more stories about our trip to Germany that I wanted to share.

The first one being about the freak shower head accident. Thanksgiving morning I was showering in our hotel bathroom. I had been in the shower for probably 10 minutes or so and was getting ready to get out. The shower head somehow fell and hit me between the shoulder blades. I don't know if it broke and fell and hit me...if it fell, hit me, and then broke...or if it fell, hit me, and then broke when it hit the bathtub. Anyway, the funny part of this being is that S hadn't showered yet. So, when he went to shower, he had only the hose to use...just imagine showering with a garden hose! Anyway, the hotel fixed it, but we went from a nice big shower head to a little bitty shower head. Over the course of the trip, everyone had this story changed all around...the favorite one being that I was swinging around the shower head like a monkey. Seriously though, I wasn't even near the thing when it fell. All I know is that it hit me and that it hurt!

The other story actually happened when we got back to India. We landed at about midnight here in Chennai. By the time we got through immigration, got our luggage, and got back to our house, it was 1:45 in the morning. However, we couldn't exactly make it to our house. Up around the corner from our house, there was a large truck blocking the road. I'm not sure if it was stuck or broke down. They told our driver that it would be moved in 10 minutes...which in India time could equate to maybe being moved in the next couple of hours. There was absolutely no way to get around it...brick walls on both sides and it is the only way to get to our house. So, we decided to walk.

Now let's just say that I don't like walking in India during the day...much less at night down a narrow dirt road without any street lights at 2 am. Our driver did walk with us, and luckily it was somewhat clear with the moon being pretty full...however, I hope to never have to repeat this experience again in my life! We made it safely to our house. Then I had to wait up for our driver to get through with the car so that we could get our luggage. Normally, I would have said forget the luggage until morning, but since S was leaving in a few hours to go back to the airport to fly out on a business trip, we needed the suitcases. It only took about 45 minutes for the truck to move, and I was finally in bed at around 3 am. I told S that I should have stayed up the rest of the night and slept during the day...then I would have been over jet lag before going to the U.S. However, I decided since I had a bunch of stuff to do during the day this week that this wouldn't be a good idea. So, jet lag awaits me in a few days.

No comments: