Sunday, December 30, 2007

Back in Chennai

S and I arrived back to our home in Chennai at 1:30am Sunday morning safe and sound. We were lucky to make it out of O'hare airport in Chicago on Friday as scheduled. Chicago was receiving snow and most flights were either cancelled or delayed. After the concerns about getting off on time were gone, our trip back home was pretty uneventful.

It is great to be back at our own house. Sleeping in my own bed again is like heaven! We had a great time in Illinois, but it was extremely busy. This was our third trip back to Illinois since moving overseas and by far it was the busiest of all of the trips. The weather was very uncooperative at times. My body was instantly thawed out as soon as I stepped out of the airport here in Chennai. It was about 75 degrees and very muggy when we got home. Our house stunk after being shut up for over 3 weeks. It is also extremely dirty!

Well, this is all I'm going to write for now as I'm sure that being tired and writing this is not the best combo. I'm not really thinking clearly enough to write a very productive blog. I'm trying to get my days and nights straight again. More later on our trip to Illinois and what's new in Chennai. Just wanted to let everyone know that we are back home.

No comments: