Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Still Alive...

Yes, I am still alive...so is the apple eating critter (for now, I'm going to pass on the offer of poison as I really want to know what this creature is, and I'm afraid if I use poison then I will never know for sure).

Talk about major body withdrawal...it is now Wednesday afternoon, and I haven't been on the internet since Friday afternoon. Yikes! I may go into convulsions at any moment now. The internet still isn't fixed at the house. I came to S's office building on Monday to check e-mail, but the free wireless wasn't working either. On the bright side, not having internet at the house is causing me to have a lot of time to work on my mom's scrapbook...I may actually get it done for Christmas.

Anyway, besides the internet still being broken and the apple eating critter still at large (I'm baiting the sticky traps with almonds tonight, since the apple chunks I used last night didn't seem to work), not too much else is going on here. We did have a cyclone over the weekend, which caused it to rain nonstop for about 24 hours. I kid you not, it didn't stop raining once all day Sunday. Luckily, we did not have the water issues that a lot of my friends had...including water coming in through the A/C units, windows, walls, electrical outlets, fuse boxes...plus causing a swimming pool to collapse among other things I'm sure I'm forgetting to mention. I'm thinking since none of these things happened to us, we are pretty darn lucky.

Well, Happy Halloween to everyone. Hope everyone has a safe and sane Halloween. Eat a Snickers bar or two for me. Don't forget to send me photos of your kids dressed up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie and S.
Good luck with your critter, nice size teeth marks! Maybe you have a mongoose and don't know it yet:)
Bev