Thursday, October 18, 2007

Happy 108th Birthday Olive Riley

Who is Olive Riley? She is an Australian lady who at 108 years of age is believed to be the world's oldest person to blog. Yep, that's right, she writes a blog just like the one you are reading right now (actually she tells it to someone else who types for her). I think this is absolutely amazing for a couple of reasons. First, just how many 108 year olds are out there? Just to make it to this age is in and of itself incredible. Then, to be able to still think and function at this age is amazing. Some days I find it hard to function and think at my age...I can only imagine how I'll be if I ever make it to be 108 years old.

But to blog at 108? I don't think there are words to describe just how truly amazing and incredible this really is. Will I still be blogging if I reach 108? I doubt it. Probably by this time, there will be some other great craze going on. Did Olive ever imagine 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, or 80 years ago that she would be telling stories that anyone in the world could read almost instantly? Blogging is the modern age diary...OK, diary may be stretching it a bit as I don't know too many people who make their diaries public. However, just think that years from now, I'll be able to pull up my blog and read what I've been writing and thinking in 2007. I'm sure I'll probably be thinking "what was I thinking when I wrote that?".

Anyway, kudos to everyone...even a 108 year old Australian lady...who writes blogs, keeps diaries, writes down their life stories, scrapbooks, etc...we truly are documenting the way life is now for future generations to reflect upon. Kinda of scary isn't it?

Anyway, Olive Riley's blog can be found by clicking on the following blue words: Olive Riley

And by the way, Happy Birthday Olive! I wish you many many more.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Totally subscribing to Olive's blog. What a champ.