Friday, October 26, 2007

When I Grow Up...

I want to work for pest control in India. So, in my previous post, I have already told how "great" pest control is here in India. This story only gets better.

Still unable to catch the apple eating critter (luckily, it doesn't seem to have found any of our other food and only seems to like apples...knock on wood)...S had arranged for pest control to come out on Tuesday. Well, in typical India fashion, they showed up on Friday afternoon. About time, because I now refuse to go into our kitchen after dark by myself. Therefore, we have been eating cereal every night for dinner all week long. This is kind of silly on my part as I'm pretty sure whatever we have living in our house has been there for quite awhile...and up until the apple incident, I have been in the kitchen every night and haven't seen the critter. I just don't want to meet the creature face to face without a back up. (Note to D...I think maybe I have been reading too many Plum and Kinsey books lately).

Anyway, back to pest control...S was told that pest control would come with some "traps" to catch our critter. Well, guess what these "traps" are? They are the exact same sticky traps that I have been trying all week to catch the critter with. Ughh...if I would have known that the guy would just show up with 4 sticky traps, I could have saved him the trip. Not only are we trying to catch something that can clearly get off of the traps, but the pest control guy didn't even "bait" the traps. He just set them in places where the creature may be running along. Like I'm confident this is going to work.

Anyway, if I get really bored living here in India, I'm going to work in pest control...I can definitely handle placing sticky traps in houses.

In the meantime, I'm not buying any more apples...or if I do, they are going straight to the fridge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think my original comment showed up, so forgive me if I repeat myself.

At least it's not a snake. :)

I have plenty of rat poison if you want some. This took care of the rat problem in our house. This is US poison that dessicates the body after the animal dies, so the smell isn't so bad. (Can you tell I used to be a toxicologist? :)

A friend thought she had a rat in her pantry and it turned out to be a feral cat. So you never know.

Teresa

The Green Family said...

Maybe we should bring you a cat! Sounds like a mouse to me.