Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Final Guest Blog by Beth

First off, I would like to thank Sharmishtha for the comment to my last blog and explaining why overseas visitors are charged more for admissions to things.

Next on my list is to share a picture of an elephant. Before I came over, my brother-in-law requested a picture of an elephant. While I have been here, I have learned many different things. One of the things I have learned is that this is really an Asian elephant because of its small ears and not just because we are in India. (African elephants have the bigger ears.)

There were a couple more pictures I would have liked to taken, but did not get my camera out quick enough. I was not able to get a good picture of the trash under the sign about keeping the town clean. I also did not get a picture of the sign for cows crossing the road or a picture of the five cows crossing a major road here.

However, here are some random pictures that I was able to get. This is a picture of a four passenger vehicle. It is hard to see, but there is a girl in front of the guy (she was sleeping and thus her head is laying forward).


This is a sign to pay one rupee to use the bathroom. We saw a couple places like this. It was also different for me to pay an extra fee at some places to use my camera.

I don't think Julie's driver reads this, but I also want to thank him for taking us to all the places we went this week. I also appreciate him picking us up and taking us to the airport during the middle of the night.


Since I have thanked a couple people in this blog, I should also thank our hosts for the week. I am not sure they have officially invited us back yet, but my mom said she would come back. I would also come back.
I am sure on the long flight home I will think of more things I should written here. However, I should go get ready to leave. I will need to put on my warmer clothes of jeans and a long sleeve shirt to head back to the Illinois weather. I am hoping the weather is warmer now than when we left. However, I know it will be a shock because it will not be 85 to 95 degrees.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, no shocker that the weather really isn't warmer and more rain predicted.

Carrie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the guest blog and picture preview. Maybe next time, I will join you, now that I have applied for my passport!! See you when you get home.

Becky